Wednesday 6 January 2010

Ready for work again

This morning I am doing a dry run for returning to work tomorrow. So it is 7.40 am and I am up, have done a 30 minute workout including jogging and boxing and am now blogging while I decide if I am hungry and what I want for breakfast.

I ended up snacking again yesterday. It was prompted by anxiety over my son. He is having problems with his dissertation but I suspect part of the problem is that he isnt acknowledging his bereavement when Edna died and that he has been under a lot of stress worrying about me - which I know he does. For a 20 year old he has been through so much in the past couple of years. I suggested to him that it may be an idea for him to go and talk to someone professionally and he just sort of nodded. It all gives me an extra incentive to look after my health so he isn't worrying about me.

I am truly blessed to have a son who cares so much about me.

So yesterday was a mixed day. Food wasn't brilliant. Exercise was good. I overshot both targets by quite a bit as I did an extra 20 minutes free step last night.

I am still making progress on getting practical issues sorted out. I am seeing a finacial adviser today to work out how I can best use my legacy.

I have realised that although I have not managed food as well as I would have wanted over the past few days there is very visible evidence of how my attitude has changed. We still have mince pies left, we still have sauasge rolls left, I have only had 2 pieces of my HUGE toblerone bar and we have 1 opened tin of Quality street hardly dented, 1 tin still sealed and a box of Heroes unopened. I must admit the Allsorts have all gone though . The stilton cheese is also untouched.

The old me would not be syaing that on 12th Night! So something IS working and I am looking forward to my 'I can make you thin' event with Paul McKenna at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

It sounds like you are really thinking through your choices even in the face of a lot of stresses. I admire you for that.

Having a dry run is a great idea. Very, very smart!