Wednesday 20 January 2010

Backwatch day 2

Yesterday work was busy - but I did manage to sit down at fairly regular intervals. The new work process worked well - and since it depends quite a lot on me personally I came home quite bouyed up and less tired than I expected. I was also very bouyed up when I realised they have kept me but let another locum go. They are expecting this new system to make more efficient use of their pharmacists so they dont need as many.

And I am doing MUCH more of the sort of work I both enjoy and am good at. So on all sorts of levels this is good for me.

Is it just coincidence both my back and I feel better? No of course its not. I even managed to do 20 minute free step last night. BUT I am not going mad this morning. Any work out I do this morning will be low key, low impact and aimed at flexibility. But I am srtting myself a target that on 1st February I will be back to doing some proper aerobic exercise. On 1st February I want to do the 'overindulged' routine (lunge,jogging and boxing)

I have 5 months to prepare for the Race for Life. I know I can walk it easily. My goal is to jog at least 2K of it. I can walk 5K easily in an hour. I would love to complete that 5k in 45 minutes.

Food is a going as well as can be expected at the moment. My biscuit count was down yesterday but I am not eating slowly enough. I am looking forward to having the ,onger lunch break so I can focus on eating slowly at work. Then I think I wil do better in the evenings as well. I have a plan, I am still focusing on how I can improve things so I guess I am doing OK.

My back is not too unhappy this morning but I am looking forward to the massage tonight. I still scared I could overdo things the way I did 2 years ago and end up with problems for months.

No comments: