Tuesday 19 January 2010

Back Watch

There is no doubt that is what it is all about at the moment. I am obviously still managing my food as best I can - but I know I am falling prey to emotional eating because I am so fed up. Pain and discomfort does that.

OK I know .move your body' is not one of the 4 golden rules BUT it is a major part of MY programe because my aim is good health not weight loss.

I had an email through from 'Race for Life' telling me I could now register. Although at the moment the idea of walking 5K ,never mind trying to run at all ,is off limits I am still going ahead with my plan to enter the race. It is in June so it gives me a definite target to work towards and I know my back will be better by then. I tried to register last night and failed. i am going to try again now because I need to comit myself to this before I get cold feet.

I am NOT going to let my back beat me. I will pace myself with my exercise routines however frustrating that is because I know that is the best way to make sure I dont make things worse.

Food yesterday was actually not too bad. It went a bit pear shaped in the evening - but I was a bit tense becasue of my back and because of a slight conflict between us and one of our friends. But I didn't binge or massively overeat.

I also did better with water yesterday. Having to take painkillers is a reat excuse to drink water. Every cloud has a silver lining. 'New Me' remidned me about water yesterday. I must try harder with that

No comments: