Sunday 24 January 2010

Happiness is.............

'Happiness is a state of mind, not a way of life or a destination that you'll reach one day. Bumps in the road of life are to be expected, and we cannot let them ruin our days. We often think that if a combination of factors would just fall into place THEN we would finally be happy. Satisfaction can only come from within, through truly accepting yourself, your life, and your circumstances. During this life you'll have many hard days--long work days, sleepless nights, worrying about the future, etc. This week, think about the joys of your life. Find creative ways to enjoy the little bumps in the road. '

Anyone who is a regular reader of this blog won't be surprised to know the above came from Sparkpeople . Its about the only bit of the site I use but it always gets me thinking.

I realised ages ago that you will only succeed in losing weight if you care enough about yourself to do what is needed. And who can care about themselves when they are unhappy all the time?

This has been a good weekend for me so far. Food has gone OK, I have drunk water and I have exercised as much as my back would allow. My back is making reasonable progress but I am still no where near 30 minutes I would like to do. Other things are also going well. I feel in control of my life and I am on track with my goals for this year.

I'm happy and I think the Sparkpeople reflection underlines that I am doing the right things and I am on the right path in my life generally.

Sometimes the universe sends you warnings or advise. Today I feel the universe is telling me I am doing OK.

No comments: