Monday 4 January 2010

Finding the silver lining

Lets be honest this isn't the start to the year I wanted, feeling distinctly under the weather and not able to cope with work. But on the plus side it does give me time to do other things and maybe make some progress in non work related areas.

Also I am sticking to my over arching resolution to realise that I matter and to take care of myself. Whether my aversion to work is mental or physical - and its probably a mix of both I owe it to myself to deal with the issues.

Food yesterday was a disaster. I ate mindlessly. I also couldn't do a workout. But I wasn't - and still am not well. It was only one day, today is a new day - and it has started better. I have hot both my time and calorie goals this morning - but boy do I know I have done it. I still need an infusion of energy. But it wasn't an efficient workout. Well over the time goal but only JUST over the calorie goal. I still dont feel up to anything like jogging or ryhthm boxing. But the 10 minutes of free stepping I did at the end did give an opportunity to do some active meditation (Thank you Mr Wells!)

I have realised that I need to look at my time managment strategies to cope with everything I need to do

My regular 'to do' list includes

exercise (30 minutes a day)
PFM exercises (can be done watching tv)
meditation (15 minutes a day)
CPD (an hour a week)
housework (30 minutes or so when I am getting ready for work)
work (5.5 hours a day mon-fri)
sally haynes ltd issues (1 hour a week)
Blogging (time depends on how much I have report but 30 minutes a day on average)
Psychic circle ( including travel 5 hours every 2 weeks maximum)
OU study - not sure about this its a new thing so time will tell.

It looks and sounds like a lot -but isn't really. I can do quite lot while multi tasking and things like CPD and banking can be done at weekends. I just need to get into a routine and be disciplined.

I waste a lot of time at the moment if I am honest. The internet is seductive - but can waste a lot of time.

Discipline and routine is the key. So I am going to use these days off to sort out a timetable for myself to fit everything in.

No comments: