Tuesday 5 January 2010

Feeling - and doing - better

I have listened to my body for the past few days and not pushed myself to do things I didnt have the energy for. As a result I do feel better. I have more energy. And this morning I proved it by doing a normal workout including jogging and boxing.

So I have hit my 30 minute goal but am 11 calories shy of the calorie goal. 10 minutes free step later in the day and I will be done.

Food still hasn't been going well at all. I havent been eating slowly enough and I have been snacking. But I was very taken by the idea of visualising the steps you need to take to get thin - whihc is something Paul suggests anyway. So I am going to spend a few minutes a day visualising myself eating really slowly and se what happens.

Today for the first time I have got myself a glass of water during the day (I always have water overnight!) So I am begining to get back into better habits. My physical health is better - so my mental health is better. Its not rocket science is it? And its al because I DID listen to my body and take the decision not to go to work for a few days.

I booked myself on an OU course yetserday. 'Starting with psychology' I have already recorded on my CPD portfolio!

I havent yet drawn up a time mangment plan - but will do so at some point today. Today it is snowing - and I mean SNOWING. So I aint going out!

After a sticky start to the year things are starting to get back on track

2 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I think it's so important to listen to our bodies and you are doing it just right! Resting when you feel unwell, and eating the kinds of food that will help you reach your goals in a healthy manner!

I hope you feel 100% better soon. We are forecasted for snow on Thursday. It's unusual here so the grocery stores are crazy!

Sally said...

Thanks Diane. We have been lucky where I live and haven't had too much snow. I know its been bad over in te USA tho so I hope you and your family are not too badly affected. Ay least with home schooling you can't be hit by schools closing. I know a lot are closed over here.

I am feeling better. Today I feel I could be at work which is a good sign for tomorrow when I WILL go back.