Thursday 14 January 2010

Limiting myself?

Overcoming your personal "stop signs"

Many of us use our "limitations" as a stop sign for reaching our goals. While knowing our limits can safeguard us against injury and embarrassment, too often we use them as avoidance methods in our lives. What is holding you back from reaching your goals? How can you push beyond your comfort zone in a healthy way? Many dieters experience such limitations in on their weight loss journeys. Our bodies and minds are capable of overcoming much more than we could ever imagine if we just try. Today set new goals that may push you a little. Overcoming your personal hang-ups and fears may be one of the most rewarding choices you'll ever make!


When I am in a bad place I look for signposts that may be leading me out. I think I got one yesterday during a chat with Jane when she asked if I was sure I was OK with only a 30 minute lunch break. I think the above reflection may be another one .

I have moved out of my comfort zone. The idea of doing a regular 30 minute workout would have been laughable a year ago. But now I feel frustrated that I can't do it. But I am being given reminders that I can't push my body TOO much.

I think I do need a longer break at work. So I will tell Jane today I will take 45 minutes and stay 15 minutes longer in the evening which I am sure will please them. The extra 15 minutes will give me time to eat slower , maybe buy something more interesting from the cafe, and also do something totally unrelated to pharmacy.

This is not limiting myself to avoid moving out of my comfort zone - this is recognising my limitations.

I think I have been more affected by the evens of last year than I realised. I need to recognise that, adjust - and then I will be able to move on properly.

I did 10 minutes free step this morning. I may try another 10 minutes tonight if my back feels OK. My step count was well down - but the calorie count was still 50. That proves Wendy was SO right when she said the calorie burn figures are inaccurate.

I have taken painkillers this morning and will continue to take them. I don't need all the catecholamines circulating in my body as a result of pain. They may speed up my metabolism - but they also raise my blood pressure.

I am NOT superwoman. NO-ONE expects me to be superwoman. I have been pushing myself too hard and need to cut back.

We are going on holiday in 6 weeks - Scotland here we come - another week of 5 star luxury!!

No comments: