Saturday 16 January 2010

Sparkpeople

Applying "Carpe diem" to your everyday life

We all have goals--some immediate, some far off in the distance. By working hard and focusing on what you want to get out of life, you increase the probability of achieving all of your dreams. In the end there are no guarantees, so make the most of each day by celebrating and cherishing the moment instead of looking forward. Want to try yoga but have been too intimidated? Tired of getting the same haircut over and over? Want to go back to school? Go for it! Tomorrow is not a promise. Seize the opportunities while you still can!


I can tell I am down because the healthy reflection always seems significant at the moment. When I can say 'I am already doing that' its a good thing. This one reminded me I am 'seizing the day' I will be starting my Open University course soon as well as doing my second reiki attunment so I can advertise myself as a practitioner

At the moment I am plagued by memories. The last time my back was this bad was 2 years ago. To anyone reading this post who doesn't know my full story just flip back to me first post and you will see why this memory is disturbing. Last time my bad back was the start of a cycle of disaster. I am clinging to the possibility that this time it is going to mark the end of the cycle. Sometimes the universe does things like that.

There is another happier reason why I am plagued by memories . My son is 21 today. A significant milestone - even tho it no longer marks the time when he can be given his own front door key to the family home! He has been a home owner and living in his own house for a many months now.

My back is still the dominant factor in ym life. I managed a session of step plus on the wii fit - but was getting clear signals that I shouldn't do any more.

I hadn't realised quite how much I rely psychologically on my workout routine. Not being able to do it makes me panic.I almost feel I can fell the pounds piling on whihc is silly. As long as I stick to Paul's rules I won't.

I got my ticket yesterday for the event on the 30th! Everything seems to be prompting me to really look at how I am managing with the 4 golden rules. Yesterday I didnt do too well. I ate too many biscuits when I wasn't really hungry.

Today I will do better

No comments: