Sunday 28 February 2010

Thought for the day - from Sparkpeople

Positive people tend to have many similar characteristics, such as respecting everyone's contribution to a project and knowing during hard times that things will get better. They have the power to make that change happen, an understanding that their attitudes can directly affect outcomes, and a commitment to increasing positive thoughts and diminishing negative ones. Are you putting effort towards becoming a more positive person?
Avoid complaining when things are turning sour, realize that the negatives and the positives in life will level out, and take responsibility for your life and actions. You are the only person responsible for your attitude--and your life.

Not only do I need to remember this now in my disappointment over the holiday - but I need to keep this in mind over the next couple of weeks as I wait for my work situation to resolve.

Yesterday I exercised a lot as I went swimming as well as my normal wii fit workout. I have discovered I can get a pass to swim for FREE too. So I am going to do that as it weill encourage me to swim more often. £3.30 for a swimming sessio isnt that much - but when you only spend 15 or 20 minutes in the pool - the hourly rate looks horrendous. Which is why I dont go much. But popping for 15 minutes a couple of times a week will add a lot to my general fitness - and loks feasible if I am not paying.

I am not getting too hipped up on food while I am in holiday mode. In a way I will be following the beyond choc/mckenna rules better during a holiday. As long as I can discipline myself NOT to nibble.

Last night it was tortilla chips. It was comfort eating as I am still upset over the holiday. But I am regaining my sense of perspective.

No comments: