Thursday 4 February 2010

I am NOT superwoman

I need to repeat that to myself several times every hour at the moment. I was so determined to be a conscientious worker I gave myself 4 hours plus of bus travel a dayfor the last two days. Thats over 8 hours on busses and waiting for busses for 11 hours of work. Yesterday I spent 25 minutes waiting in the cold and rain for the last bus of my journey. Last night I felt as if I was coming down with a cold and this morning I have. Its not that bad - but I have decided struggling in on the bus today goes beyond conscientious to sheer stupidity. So I am not going in.

I always worry when I dont go in that I will appear unreliable and get a bad reputation. I always start from the assumption that I have to do extra special things to be appreciated. Thats my negative self image driving me. I need to believe the quality of my work speaks for me - and that no-one expects me to be superwoman.

Food has gone OK but formal exercise has been minimal. I am getting interesting messages form the 'yes/no' techniques. I got a clear no for caffeine this morning - and I can beleive my BP is up a bit as I am feelig so lousy. So caffeine would not have been a good idea.

Yoru body tells you all sorts of things about what it wants, you just have to find the right way to listen

No comments: