Sunday 7 February 2010

A new approach

The reiki training went well - even though the day didnt go as I expected. I was taught about 3 reiki symbols whihc you use as a focus for what you want to do. two of the symbols used together can be used to treat addictions - and both the sources that provided this information mentioned over eating as an addiction.

So as part of my practice with the symbols I have drawn them on a piece of paper and written on it the words 'Sally free from overeating'

I will carry that paper around with me, maybe use it as a focus for my meditation sometimes. And we will see what happens. Doing it made me feel empowered - and lets be honest all too often we are controlled by food rather than the other way around,

I have eaten breakfast and lunch slowly and conciously, I have drunk water. (I bought a bottle to refresh me on my inital car buying expedition) And I have just clocked up 41 minutes on the wii fit with a short jog, advanced boxing and 30 minutes of free stepping. That is by far the longest workout I have done for ages!!

We watched a program on Sky this morning called fat families where an expert gave a family with VERY bad eating habits (chips with everything, dad eating 15 packets of crisps aday and mum never cooking from fresh ingredianets) and exercise habits (err what exercise they didnt do anyway) a scare by telling them all about their health problems and attempted to get them into new habits. But he made wholeslae changes of everything at the same time. Straight from burger and chips to healthy fish pie (home made by a mum who had never cooked) and surprise surprise the kids hated it - and even Mum wasn't too keen. Plus they got given a treadmill and a goal to clock up 350K between them when a box with goodies in would automatically unlock.

Now I have to admit both parents lost weight and looked a lot better for it. Da in particular was very motivated - and actually ended up injuring himself because he did to much jogging on the treadmill at the gym tat he joined. But the show only followed them for 9 weeks during which time he lost over 4 st and she lost just over 3. I woudl love to know what happened when the cameras stopped following them around.

Yes they had got into very bad habits. yes they needed to make changes to their lifestyle but I think they tried to make too many changes too quick. I think Francesca(http://smallchangesuk.blogspot.com/) has the right idea. Small changes one at a time is the best way forward.

No comments: