Monday 15 February 2010

Dont you just HATE insurance companies

I have GOT to let off steam about this.

When I got home from work, I found out that the insurance on the courtesy car is not being carried on after tomorrow and I have had to beg and plead for that.The first information I had was that the insurance ended today -in whihc case I couldnt even drive the car back to the car hire office.

The reason the insurance is being ended is because they only cover the courtesy car for 4 days from the date of ISSUE of the settlement cheque. This apparently was sent on Friday (although I havent seen it yet) How the donald duck are you meant to sort out and purchase a new car when you havent even had the money???

As it is I had picked a car already and luckliy I AM in a position to pay for it before the cheque arrives.If I wasnt - and most people wouldn't be - they would be an awful position!!!

So instead of going to work tomorrow ( and that is going to cost me over 100.00 in lost wages) I have to take the courtesy car back then assuming my car can be made ready to pick up tomorrow treck 9 miles across town to pick up the Fabia.

Being fair the idea of not going to work tomorrow is not unpleasant. And being able to return the courtesy car at leisure rather than rushing over after work - then having to get back on the bus is also appealing.

I am sure it will all work out better this way - but I do think the insurance company are being very VERY unhelpful -and I am probably going to take my business elsewhere.

Rant over.

1 comment:

NewMe said...

Hi Sally,

I couldn't find a direct e-mail for you so I'm just responding to the comment you sent me on my blog.

Thank you so much for answering. It's really comforting to get such warm offers of support!

We are definitely trying the medication. He's just started and the dose is clearly too low as there are no effects whatsoever. I understand that you can't just put someone on a megadose right away, but it's just frustrating to see nothing happening. He will be going from 18 mg (I think it's mg) to 36 on Friday and we'll see what happens. I have been told that if the medication is the right type and at the right dosage level, the results can be very positive almost overnight. I'm just waiting and waiting is so hard!