Thursday 11 February 2010

A new start

I have started my OU course and have started another blog to keep track of my progress. If you want to check it out its called 'Me and the Open University'

When I look back it is amazing how my life has changed since I started this blog. Doing this OU course could be the start of another major change. Time will tell

Food and exercise went OK yesterday on the whole. I didn't do any jogging but did hit both my time and calorie targets. But I am quite tired and I know things tends to slip more when I am tired. This morning I can't decide what to make for lunch and can't raise the enthusiasm to make anything interesting. I think I will treat myself to something from the coffee shop.

I have done my muscle and yoga routine this morning plus a little bit if step aerobics. I am becoming quite concerned about the weakness of my right leg. I don't know if it is due to my previous back history of its something to do with the accident but I have far more problems with the exercises that involve balancing on one leg than I used to. I will stick at what I am doing and hope the exercise helps to strengthen it back to what it was.

I am still intrigued by my meditation yesterday. I do feel the image of me embracing my thinner self is important. But I can imagine who weird this sounds to anyone who doesn't practice visualisations!!

I really AM tired today - and I think I MUST pace myself next week with my workouts. I am fixated on jogging because of the race for life - but I wont have failed if I walk the whole 5K - and anyway I have 4 months to try and get myself fitter. I dont have to do it all in the first week. I am NOT superwoman!!

No comments: