Monday 15 February 2010

Listening to what your body tells you part 2

It is Monday morning and normally after a weekend I would expect to feel quite energised and raring to go. I am not and I have been trying to work out why.

I did go out on Saturday and Sunday over the weekend - but none of the trips was a long drive and 2 of the 3 were for pleasure. Family life was very enjoyable. My meditations went well. All in all it was a good weekend.

OK I am obviously on tenterhooks about this possible job offer and what it may mean for my finances but it is not a serious worry. I know that I am not tied to it long term and that if something better comes along I can just go at a weeks notice. I am alos confident (maybe over confident) that I will find some other work for a day or two a week.

The image that is bugging me is me at work at RHH. I am dreading another day on my feet.This is clearly an indication that leaving RHH is a good idea. If the new scheme allowed me to sit down more consistently (the way it did when it was first implemented) I wouldn't be dreading work so much. But there is no doubt last weeks frantic pace has tired me out much MUCH more than I realised. Hopefully this week will be quiter and I will be able to sit down more. There is a lesson for me there I think. I had been saying I could increase my hours to 30 a week for them - I think I was being very optimistic.

It was a struggle getting out of bed this morning - but I did manage a workout. I did my old 10 10 10 routine except the middle 10 was only 8 and it was only boxing. Jogging was NOT on the menu. As well as being too tired to face it my back is niggling at me.

Food went really well yesterday. I had a sensible diet, sensible portions, ate when I was hungry and stopped when I had had enough. I do serve myself smaller portions now than I used to. I know Paul would say keep portions the normal size because it keeps you in the dieters mentality - but I now have a much better idea of what will satisfy me. A l plate piled high with food would put me off now.

Breakfast today is a moderate prtion of fruit and fibre cereal with yoghurt and I am eating it slowly - washing it down with a glass of water..

So despite being tired I am starting off OK. lets hope work goes OK too

No comments: