Wednesday 17 February 2010

Exercise is good for you

I found out just HOW good it is for you this morning. Noy only did my musings finally help me to get to the bottom of my very downbeat mood - but I got a useful metaphor form my exercise results.

My mood yesterday was started by something I didnt even list in my worries. I got conformation yesterday that the accident was judged to be my fault becasue - as the girl on the other end of the phone said ' the other driver had right of way' which left me saying in my head 'I know he had right of way. If I had een him I would have GIVEN him right of way' WHY DIDN'T I SEE HIM.

I need to accept responsibility for that accident but also LEARN from it. I think I have. I have been VERY cautious round junctions since then. Was I not cautious enough before? Well I dont think of myself as a reckless driver - but maybe I need review my driving habits? It won't hurt.

Paul M quotes someone who says when you accept responsibility for your situation you automatically tap into the power to change it. Once I have accepted respnsibility for the accident I can move on and make sure it doesn't happen again. That shoudl stop me imaginign nightmare scenarios in whihc my new car gets stolen, scratched or even written off by OTHER people. The world is not out to get me - and everything is NOT my fault. It is possible LV have cocked up over the cheque - its non appearnce does not mean I have done something wrong.

The metaphor I got was that I got my best score in a long time for tge standing knee pose - becasue I conciously stood up straighter. I found it really improved my balance. So when I stand up for myself ( get rid of the 'its all my fault' paranoia ?) I have better balance and can do better.

Interesting eh?

I woke very tired this morning but I do suddenly feel energised and orgnaised and in control. My back is playing up a bit but I am feelig much more positive now I have worked all the above out.

I can even forgive myself for the chocolate fest yesterday evening - and move on with the golsen rules.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Just found this form Sparkpeople. How apt.

Victory over Trials

The need to weather hard times is constantly part of our business and personal lives. Do you ever think of these hurdles in a positive light? The next time you are faced with opposition, instead of looking at it as a source of anxiety, view it as an opportunity! Can you apply what you have learned to other areas of your life? Will this experience make you stronger and wiser next time around? Sometimes the worst and most painful experiences are the ones that help us grow the most. Having a positive attitude can deflate even the scariest situation. Overcoming adversity can help you achieve the extraordinary!