Tuesday 23 February 2010

Rating my satisfaction with what I have eaten

I have decided this is rather harder than it looks. But maybe that is just because today I am horribly aware of emotional hunger. There are all sorts of reasons for this but one significant reason is that today would have been Edna's 88th birthday. I guess its not too surprising that I am not in an upbeat mood.

I will however try to do this exercise today. My satisfaction with breakfast is high. My breakfast is a mixture of textures and flavours that I really enjoy. Fruit and fibre cereal with some fresh kiwi fruit added covered in plain yoghurt. If you have never tried cereal and yogurt I do recommend it. But having eaten it I still feel hungry - and I know its not real hunger.

I have done a 20 minute exercise routine so I have made a good start for today

Yesterday I ended up attacking the peanuts. I am really angry with myself about that. I knew my weakness -why did I open the packet over the weekend?

I am clinging to the fact that I have lost weight over the last year and maintained that weight loss. By the end of this year I will have lost MORE weight.

I have decided to do weigh ins every 2 weeks. I think that will keep me focused better on what I have to do.

But this weight loss has been achieved WITHOUT calorie counting, without denying myself anything I wanted to eat, and without signing up for punishing work outs at the gym. I think my biggest achievement has been my daily workout on the wii fit which will be having other health benefits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, how welcome it is to read your blog and see your Beyond Chocolate focus! Keep on going, you're doing what you need to do for YOU. Best wishes.