Friday 26 February 2010

Changing plans

Well I finally got through to the hotel - who said they had a power cut and were badly affected by snow. According to the holiday club we booked with, they spoke to the resort YESTERDAY and they are open and accesible if you stick to main roads and drive carefully. The final approach to the hotel is down a B road at the side of a loch. I would not be happy about my ability to drive safely down it in bad conditions.

I am wondering how they got through when I couldn't - and if the resort would say the same today if they rang.

We could maybe go up later - but heading that far for a few days isnt sensible and would be tiring for me as the driver. Plus although Steve is better I am still not sure he is up to cat feeding duties. he says he feels OK - but I dont think he has tried to do much.

So I have accepted this holiday isn't going to happen - and we have booked another one in Scotland in September. Sadly we will lose the points for this holiday but hey worse things happen at sea. I really don't have a lot to whinge about .

I have accepted it but I feel like a failure - which is absurd because NONE of it was MY fault!! None of it was anyone's fault. t just wasn't going to happen. Fate was against us.

My ego and self image are taking a bashing. I am very VERY down in the dumps - but logically I know food isn't the answer - but the temptation to comfort eat is HUGE. I went shopping this morning and had a hot chocolate and piece of carrot cake in the cafe. The thought in my mind was that we SHOULD have been having a break at the motorway service station - and that was more of less what I would have had there on the grounds of 'we are on holiday so wtf'


I will pixk myself up from this. Eventually I am sure I will see that not going was beneficial in some way. Tony's concern that we could get trapped up there by the weather may be right.

But no use crying over spilt milk. I will make the best of this situation

No comments: