Tuesday 1 September 2009

New season new start??

I guess 1st September means not only is it a new month but that we are now in autumn. As today is the first day of the working week I guess that is another psychological 'start' So I guess that could be what accounts for the amazing way things have gone so far today - and it is only 7.30am!!

I slept well . I woke up twice but each time managed to get back to sleep easily - wthhout having to resort to putting the radio on. Second time that wasn't an option anyway because Tony was in bed with me. I could have used my earphones but I didnt bother. The alarm woke me up and I got straight out of bed.

The Wii fit went straight on and I decided to do a odified 10 10 10 routine with the middle 10 being split between joggin and boxing. 2 reps pf step plus, 1 long run and 1 session of boxing later (got my highest score yet on the boxing) and I set up for free stepping - except I made a mistake and ended up setting it for 20 minutes not 10. I hoenstly didnt realise until the counter flew part 30 and up to 38 what I had done. And I feel great. I feel fantastic.

Doing a beyond chocolate 'tune in' I am aware of slight back niggles and slight IBS discomfort - but nothing major. The emotion is ...........well what emotion is 'bring it on world give it your best shot and I'll cope with it' confidence I guess. And my thought is 'wow something is working'

Food and exercise yesterday were a bust. I am going to draw a line under it forget it and move on.

Today has started SO much better. I have had one cup of evil caffeinated coffee, lots of water, and am now drinking decaf tea with lemon while I eat my breakfast of one weetabix with 2 kiwi fruit, plain yoghurt and some lemon juice.

I am looking forward to work - well maybe that's not the right term. I have no doubts about going to work even though there are Edna issues I need to sort out. Often part of me will think 'I wish I didnt have to go to work so I could sort that out in person rather than by phone' I am not feeling that work is going to get in the way of things is the best way to explain it.

I need to work. Not only for financial reasons but because I need the mental stimulation. I am lucky I can afford to work reduced hours. My decision to retire from full time work has been proved to be the correct time and time again. Also if I was at home all the time Tony and I would be on top of each other. We love spending time together - but we do both need time apart.

I am confident about my reationships this morning as well !!

I cant finish this entry without talking about water. I want to scream to the cosmos ' I HAVE GOT THE MESSAGE YOU CAN STOP TELLING ME I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER'

What does Paul advocate as part of his weight loss programme? Water. What did the incontinence nurse advise me to do? Drink more water. What does the reiki manual advise me to do ? Drink plenty of water.

To be honest thats why I am drinking lemon tea rather than coffee that I know I would have milk in. Its not quite water - but closer than coffee would be.

All I have to do now is work out how to do that at work when I have to keep vanishing from the dispensary to drink. If we still have the empty bottle from the Pendle weekend I can fill that so that I can just go in and have a gulp without having to stop and wash up a cup or glass.

I must finish now - but not without recording that it is now 8.00 and I still haven't finished my breakfast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow - what a positive uplifting blog ... hope you had a fantastic day