Tuesday 22 September 2009

Emotional hunger

'Cheating to get ahead might get you the grade or promotion, but in the long run it really sets you back. Intelligence, creativity, hard work, and solid character--the things that propel you forward--are not fostered by taking the easy way out. You don't earn anything by short-cutting your work. You're only cutting your potential short. Sure you might feel relieved that a stressful task has passed, but an undeserving sense of relief doesn't compare to the gratification of knowing that you completed your own work. If something in your life is difficult, meet it head on and earn the satisfaction of earning a job well done--with honesty and integrity.'

It is good to be reminded that the worthwhile things in life are not easy especially when you seem to be struggling - whihc I feel I am at the moment. One reason why I like 'Sparkpeople' is that they recognise weight loss pursued on its own as a goal. They recognise the life changes that may be necessary - or indeed may be CAUSED by the desire to lose weight.
Also the last bit about honesty and integrity fits well with the resiki principle about earning your living honestly. A small signal that my move into reiki was right?

I had a lousy nights sleep (must get the new bed organised) and as a result I feel lousy and low this morning. I also woke hungry. Never a good sign. Also the story on the news that a size 12 model is considered a 'plus size'. That is not good for my ego. I am a size 18. Oh boy.

Food went well until yesterday evening. But to be honest although my intake was very unhealthy yesterday evening, I was hungry when I ate. I am just not sure it was real hunger. The hunger feels real this morning - but again I am not sure. There is no obvious trigger for emotional hunger - unless my psyche is giving me a warning that I have been suppressing a lot of the emotions in regard to Edna. I have several times felt (and commented) that I could happily sit in a corner and cry my eyes out. In fact I haven't cried . Maybe I need to ?

I havent done my full workout this morning. 10 minutes of step plus and 10 minutes of yoga was what I did this morning. I will do some more tonight.

I have eaten my breakfast - which was bigger than normal - and I still feel hungry. I think this is going to be the theme of the day. I need to find out what is causing this.

OK deep breath - time for a beyond chocolate 'tune in'


Physically I am tired and my back is protrsting about the bed.
Emotionally I am nervous.
Thought or question Will everything go smoothly when I start working as a limited company? I have the papers ready to post off today.

I wasn't sure what I was nervous about until I worked out what the question was. Am I THAT worried about this change? I guess I am worried about how it will work, rather than the general principle.

So not the best start to the day. I guess it can only get better. Except they are anticipating a crisis at work and it may be necessary for me to work longer today if it gets very busy.


No comments: