Friday 4 September 2009

Just when things seemed settled

Edna has had a fall, has fractured her femur round the pin of the artificial hip inserted after a fall 8 years ago, is in hospital, and may be facing surgery.

Life is a bit disrupted today - what a wonderful piece of british understatement.

I was at the hospital until 11 last night, As I got the news about the fall when I was on my way over to see her after work, I was out from 9.00 am until 11.00pm with no break, and nothing to eat for 10 hours from my lunch at 1.00pm until I got home. So when I did get home and nuke the dinner Tony had cooked for me 5 hours earlier - all the rules went out of the window surprise surprise.

But comfort eating isn't going to help me and wont help Edna so I am not going to go there.

Tuning in ths morning I am tired, thirsty (water also went by the board as I didnt take enyhting in with me and coudnt leave Edna to get anything. Also she was so thirsty and to drink in front of her would have been so cruel) and have a pain in my neck where I slept oddly I think. (A pain in the neck - apt) I am not really hungry. Emotion is worry. Question - Is she going to survive this and if she does what does this mean for her future life?

More changes are on the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH no Sally, I am really sorry to read about this. I hope she will be okay