Friday 11 September 2009

Plod plod plod

Well todays workout wasn't exactly a plod. I am sitting here typing this having just finished my normal 30 minutes still breathing heavily and sweating Ten ten ten works well however the middle carduo is made up. Today it was 8 minutes boxing (I timed it) and 2 minutes jogging.

Yesterday went OK with food. No huge amounts of unhealthy food. But I have two persistent problems with Paul's rules. I really dont feel hungry before I go to work - but I have to eat before I get to work. And lunch (when I am hungry) has to be eaten in the car on the move at the moment. Exercise also went OK as I did an extra 20 minutes free step yesterday evening on top of the 32 minutes I did in the morning.

I am drinking loads. This morning I have had well over 500ml of water, 300ml of coffee and now have 300ml of Apple juice. I have a water bottle in the staff room and normally empty during the morning at work and I now keep a water bottle in the car so I can swig on the move.

So I am plodding on with maintaining the status quo with food and exercise - while Edna plods on in hospital. I have tried to get across to the staff that however good their intentions she doesnt want to eat and drink. She said yesterday se wished she was dead. And she meant it. I just hope I dont come across to the staff as a cold unfeeling relative who doesnt care when I tell them ho I beleive she feels. I may not be psychic or telepathic - but my intuition is very good for people and their feelings. And I know I am right about Edna.

To anyone reading this who now thinks I am unfeeling to be concentrating on my own health so much at the moment by recording how I do with food and exercise, I know what I will be facing in the near future. I remember what it was like when Alan died and I had to sort out everything. It amde me physically ill. I was exhausted. I can't afford to be ill for weeks as I was last year. Me being ill isn't ging to help anyone.

Just saw this on sparkpeople and had to include it

Does change stress you out? Do you feel anxious not knowing what is around the corner in life? It is unreasonable to expect the world to adapt for you; rather you must change to fit the world. Life is without a doubt, unpredictable. While it is natural to desire stability and consistency, life simply doesn't work that way all of the time. People pass away, financial situations change, relationships end--all without our consultation! The best solution is to develop a sense of humor and flexibility. Continue to set long-term goals, but keep your options and means for achieving those goals adaptable, just in case life decides to throw a wrench in your plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was always a chronic dieter when I was working - I have often wondered how I would fit pauls rules in if I and when I go back to work.

You dont' come across that way at all Sally, quite the opposite actually