Saturday 12 September 2009

Self image issues

The best antique is an old friend.

- Anonymous

Are you a good friend?

Even if you aren't an antique lover, you can probably appreciate old things. The most worthwhile, long-term investment you can make is investing in relationships. A healthy, edifying friendship can have a huge impact on your well-being, character, and even your success. Old friends have seen us through celebrations, grief, births, graduations, marriages, and so much more. They love us for who we are--warts and all! Think about the most formative friendships in your life and consider writing a note of appreciation to each of your friends. Maybe there are some buddies that you need to reach out to because they have a need, or others you just need to reconnect with. Your gratitude shows them that they are cared for, which everyone needs to know.


This reflection is timely for m. I have realised my self image is veering towards the negative. I can understand why. I am tired, and I dont seem to be suceeding in any of my big goals. I can't do anything for Edna at the moment, I haven't managed to work a full week for ages, and as for wieght loss - well I am back to seeing myself as a fat failure again.

I get bored of feeling like this - and I am convinced my friends dont want to know about this, or me, or my problems so I am feeling lonely. Tony is on eof his moods as well whihc doesn't help because it has me wondering if it is due to anythign I have done. I know he will come out of it - and by tonight he will probably be as roght as rain . But I know that with my rational side - not my emotional side. Tony is my best an oldest friend. I am wondering if I need to show him I appreciate him - and how I can do that.

Even though it is Saturday I am up early and have done the full 10 10 10 workout. I will be off to Drotwich in a bit for my second Reiki training. I am hoping that will give me the lift I know I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the Reiki was good for you Sally, you sound very down in this post