Tuesday 29 September 2009

Day 3

Never giving up

Do you ever get frustrated because things are moving too slowly in your life? Many people don't realize that building a foundation for success does not happen overnight. It is a slow process in which you are constantly working and learning. After all, that foundation must remain strong, even in times of failure or crisis. This takes time! You may have to remind yourself that "failing" is only failure if you quit; otherwise it's a learning opportunity. So don't worry if your life seems to be moving in slow motion. Concentrate on building a solid foundation and learning from your back steps.


The above Sparkpeople reflection is a very good one for me and my weight loss journey. I feel I HAVE built a solid foundation by never giving up on Paul's system and his 4 golden rules. I am hoping this reminder today is a sign that I am finally going to see some real success.

Life through me a huge curved ball yesterday (see the Edna blog for details) but despite that I didn't succumb to emotional eating. Big pat on the back for me

Food yesterday went well. the half banana I didnt have for breakfast got eaten just before I went into the dispensary. Dinner was the remains of the kebab I didnt eat on Saturday plus a peice of fruit and a cereal bar. The apple I also took with me got eaten in the car on the way home. Diner was rtushed becasue I had to get the hospital - but I still only ate 2/3 rds of it. I did have a 2 biscuits and a packet of crisps during the game - but I was hungry. And I hat a lat night snack of cheese an biscuits - but all eaten slowly.

So I can tick off all four golden rules. As for the others well I drank water, and moved my body .

Today I have done etp plus, boxing and the long run - but couldn't face the free stepping. I wont be at work today as I will have to be able to get to Edna at short notice today. I can always do some more this evening

I am eating breakfast slowly.

Doing a BC 'tine in'

Physically I am OK. I know I have just done the exercise and I am hungry - which is why I am eating breakfast. Emotionally - well I have a 2 stress factors to deal with Edna and an incident at work yesterday - but I am not climbing the walls and I have plans for both. I am also concerend about how work will react to the news I won't be there today - and probably tomorrow as well if Edna has to have further surgery. Thought or question - What are the orthopods going to do with Edna?

I have only eaten about 2/3 of my breakfast ( 1 shredded wheat with raisins and yoghurt) but although I still feel hungry - the idea of eating any more makes me feel slightly nauseous - so I'll leave the rest. The stress is affecting my stomach.

Today is going to e a difficult day

No comments: