Thursday 10 September 2009

Plodding on

Thats what it feels like at the moment - although my workout was anything but plodding. For the cardio section of my work out this morning I managed the long jog AND the longer boxing programme (It says it is 6 minutes when you select it - but it ads 8 minutes to the clock at the end -must time it and see how long it is) Anyway 6(or 8) minutes of boxing plus 4 minutes jog is at LEAST 10 minutes. I am sitting her in a post workout sweat as I type this drinking a large mug of water.

I am doing OK with water at the moment. Food went OK yetsreday too. Lunch was chicken in a pitta bread eaten on the move in the car - not brilliant but needs must. Dinner was a fresh vegetable ragout with crispy bacon. I looked at what was in the fridge and concoted it myself. It was nice. Desert was fresh pinapple and kiwi frut with ice cream. I did have cheese and biscuits as a snack - plus biscuits and a rarity for me a chocolate bar. I am comfort eating and I know I am comfort eating - but I am keeping it to reasonable levels (if there is a reasonable level) But when you ahve spent hours with someone who was halluicnating and talking to people who wre not there and apparbetly doing invisible crocheting you need some comfort.

I managed a morning at work yesterday. Thank god being a locum they can't complain about the time I am NOT there as they dont have to pay me. Unless I get a really bad report from the hospital when I ring I will be at work this morning too.

So I am plodding on and marking time until I see what is going to happen to Edna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your right, your comfort eating is very reasonable. I wish I had that control when I feel the need to comfort eat.

I hope the news about Edna was more positive