Tuesday 15 September 2009

Keeping going

I didnt sleep well last night - but I still feel energised this morning. I did a good workout especially in the cardio bit where I did 8 minutes of boxing and the long run - which took me 3 minutes. 3 minutes - its unbeleivable. When I started the short run took me 4! Its tempting to see how long the island run takes me now - it used to be 11 minutes. I winder if I could get it down to below 10. But I still feel too much jogging is not good for my back.

On the whole I feel positive. I still have the sword of damocles hanging over my head in the form of Edna - but I am working round it and not allowing it to rule my life. The reiki is going well and I hope to treat my first patient soon. I feel the routine I am in with meditation is being very beneficial in helping me stay calm both at home and at work.

I feel food is under control. No chocolate or crisp cravings. I am eating sensibly and generally enjoying my food. I am also being more creative with fod when I cook. On Sunday I cooked cabbage - and didnt serve it becasue it was frankly inedible. I dont know what was wrong. But I used it yesterday by blending it with some coked sweet potato and a diced chilli for a differnet twist on bubble and squeak. Served with sausages and baked beans it made a different healthy meal. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This morning beakfast was 1 weetabix one kiwi fruit and one plum -both chopped up - with plain fat free yoghurt - oh and a bit of sugar. Yumski.

And I am drinking a LOT more water, I get through at least a litre a day now.

It is all about getting into god habits. I am still having trouble with eating slowly - but I am happy with all the good habits I have managed to get into.

Oh and my self image is MUCH better than it was

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really does sound like things are settling down for you