Wednesday 23 September 2009

So what changes are on the way now

I called this blog 'Changing life and times' because at the time I started it my life was in upheaval . Also the insights I had gained 2 year prior to those events (CYLI7D)had shown me that my life needed to change. Changing my health and my weight was only part of of picture.

I am not yet where I want to be. My weight is still an issue although my overall health is better. I am not totally happy with my options for earning money , and Edna is still needing emotional and physical support.Steve happily is more settled emotionally and financially so needs less from me but I still feel like a plate juggler.

So what changes are in the offing? Well I am about to start trading as a limited company for my locum work which will be financially much better for me. Tonight I will treat my first reiki patient and take myself a step closer to becoming a level 2 practitioner. That will then open up the option for me to work as a practitioner and have another way of earning money. Obviously Edna's situation is in a state of flux to put it mildly. There are no long term plans. All I can do is take each day, each hospital visit and each laundry load and shopping list as it comes.

Any chance that I can stop being a plate juggler? No - but then I need to juggle plates. Its the qauntity of plates - and the diffciulty of maintaining some the plates on the pole that I need to change.

Certainly my situation now is a lot better than it was a year ago. So I am making progress. OK I am not making much porgress with my weight - but I havent weighed myself for a month. Am I making progress with Paul's programme?

Exercise is now built into my daily routine
I am drinking water
I have got better control over emotional eating
I am eating slower than I used to
I am eating what I want
Eating when you are hungry is tricky - but I never was a starvation dieter so I guess I didnt need that rule as much.
I do stop and think before I put food in my mouth.

I think back to the days when I would take crsipbreads to work for lunch - look at them and decide I wasnt in the mood. I would head for the coffee shop and have

A large sandwich/ baguette
A large sausage roll
A large muffin
A Cappuccino

There is NO WAY I could eat all that now. When we had pizza I would eat my 8 slices and potato wedges and garlic bread. Nowadays I can only mange 3 or 4 slices.

So I know I am making progress with food as well as other changes I need to make.

Things could be better - but my god they could be a whole lot worse.

No comments: