Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday

Sunday is meant to be a day of rest - and with the emphasis on worship it is also meant to be a day of reflection . I am certainly feeling reflective on this Sunday morning.

I am honouring the concept of the day of rest by hvaing coffee and waffles in bed. I did actually get a bit of a lie in because the cats didn't get me up until 7.30. Also by coming back to bed I am not alowing myself to get on the wii fit too early. I need at least one day when I am NOT rushing - and today is going to be that day.

Food went well yetsrday. I was at Sue's for my reiki training so had little control over what was availabke to em to eat. She didn't break out the hob nobs this time so all I had during the day was soup and crusty bread. When I got home Tony was still not feeling well (although better than yesterday) so all he wanted to eat was an omlette. I will own up to some biscuits and a late snack of cheese and biscuits - but I was hungry. The fact that I woke hungry this morning (hence the waffles in bed) is na indication that I didn't eat too much yesterday.

Next week I am going to try to get back to full time work. Edna has pulled back from the brink a little but is clearly going to be in a hospital for several weeks .Whether I need to visit every day is debatable. But I don't need tto s spend 2 hours a day with her now. So an hour from 6 until 7 doesn't eat too much into normal life when she is back at West Heath. But she is still at Selly Oak where visiting is half an hour later. So I still have to play it by ear. The whole point of locum work is to be flexible. I am lucky work are so supportive with my reduced hours at the moment and are showing no sign of wanting to end the booking.

My brain is already buzzing with things I feel need to be done today including visiting Edna and visiting her flat. It sounds ghoulish but I feel I need the paperwork relating to her funeral plan to hand so I know who I am calling when the time comes. I will do some exercise today and I will be cooking dinner for us - but the veg are already prepared ready for cooking. i did that yesterday. So I can have an easyish day with Tony - although whether I will get to watch the Formula 1 grand prix is debatable. As disruptions to life go on a scale of 1 to 10 that is -25!!

Hopefully today will be a home day, quality time with Tony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a confession - I love reading about the foods you get to eat in your entries.....that probably sounds silly but I am so food deprived up this part of Spain that some days I want to cry with longing for some of the foods I had available to me back home. The food in England sounds very much like what we have in Australia.

I think it is a good idea to be prepared with the paper work. It is good that she has pulled back but the future sounds quite uncertain :(