Sunday 27 September 2009

Day 1 Back to its roots

I am going to take this blog back to its roots and use it to focus on food and Paul's programme.

So lets just remind myself of the 4 rules

When you are hungry - eat. = not always easy to do at work but I am not a fan of starvation or very low calorie diets so I dont need this rule to wean me away from that. BUT I also know grazing is a good way to lose weight. So I can't ignore the rule.

Eat what you want not what you think you should eat. Not a difficult rule for me as I do like healthy food. I am watching x-weighted as I type this and the star is being told she can't eat cookies, chocolate or have wine at all. I know that is a recipe for disaster. This rules is aimed at fad dieters, weight watchers, meal replacements . Because the whole point of the programme is get you into a healthy eating routine that will stay with you for the rest of your life. I know with every fibre of my body that is the only way to lose weight and keep it off.

Eat slowly. This is the hardest rule for me becasue I am always in such a rush. But it is the most important for me. Eating slowy when you have limited time actually makes sticking to rule no 5 easier.

Stop before you are full. This is probably the rule I break most often - every time I have a biscuit with my tea when I am not really hungry. Its the one I need to work on most now.

His subsiduary rules about drinking water, moving your body etc I can manage OK. I dont listen to the CD at all - but I have my own meditation techniques and I dont NEED his CD. Anyway the 4 rules are all you really need.

So how did I do yesterday?

Actually very well. I didnt finish my kebab and chips last night, and when I had some flapjack bites I ate them slowly. And I only ate 4 of them overall. Normally have the tub would have gone.

I did clock up 30 minutes on the Wii fit. 15 in the morning (step plus and yoga) and 20 minutes in the evening (free step). I moved my body

I drank plenty of water - I did a reiki treatment yesterday and I do get thirsty when I do that so it wasn't hard to do that.

I liked what I saw when I looked in the mirror - and pursuing my reiki training is my way of loving myself. I do still have self image issues - and emotional issues .

I will repeat a little maxim I saw a few weeks ago. The difference between try and triumph is a bit of umph. I put the umph into my workouts a few weeks ago. Now its time to put the umph into Paul's rules.

No comments: