Friday 18 September 2009

A roller coaster ride

Yesterday morning I was positive and energised. This morning I am lethargic, and not exactly negative - but certainly I am not positive.

Food turned into another disaster yesterday. I gobbled my way through biscuits at Edna's flat while I was sorting out her clothes - and I do mean gobbled. I managed OK the rest of the day but I am still not eating slowly. Having said that I am eating a lot slower than I used to before I started on Paul's programme.

I'm actually not a good advert for the programme. Anyone reading this hoping to be inspired by someone elses success would get the impression the programme doesn't work; after all I am not losing weight. The programme DOES work - at the moment I am not following the programme. And its the emotional eating that is causing the damage. And its the emotinal issues that need sorting out. Having said that I am not putting ON weight either - and in the present circumstances that is still quite a triumph.

I haven't done my work out this morning. I am too tired after a bad nights sleep. I have done 20 minutes of step aerobics - but that was all I could face.

Going into 'Beyond Chocolate' mode tuning into my body I am aware of discomfort all over;very slight back miggle, annoying pain from mouth ulcers and the lethargy due to lack of sleep. Emotionally I am in upset over Edna - the visit last night was upsetting . Thought or question - How on earth am I going to cope with juggling my responsibilities?

Its the emotional issues that need dealing with . My body is telling me ' dont push it' I am listening.

My advice to myself

Take it one day at a time
Dont push yourself too hard
Remember you are NOT superwoman and no-one expects you to be.
Remember the principles of reiki

Just for today do not worry
Just for today do not get angry
Honour your parents and teachers (I have decided everyone potentially has something to teach me)
Show compassion and gratitude for every living thing
Earn your living honestly

I will be OK at work today - but boy am I glad its Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been trying Paul's method for about 3 years now and I don't understand why I can't master it - it seems like it should be so easy.

I like your advice to yourself, very wise