Wednesday 16 September 2009

Team player

Coming together is a beginning; staying together is progress; working together is success.

- Anonymous

Are you a team player?

Teamwork is the absolute foundation for many successes in business. Rarely is a goal met with just one person pressing towards it on their own. Having a partner means you have a sounding board for ideas, a support network for failures, and a cheerleader when you are discouraged. Working together with a common vision and maintaining a successful relationship holds a greater probability for achieving your dreams! Compiling your efforts gets the job done.


Todays Sparkpeople reflection does have me thinking. I am a team player. I guess I have 2 'teams' I am part of. The people I work with, and the people I live with. To be a team player for the people I work with I need to be AT work. But as a locum I am not really involved in working towards their goal. But by being there I give other regular team members the time to work towards the goal.

I need to think about the 'home' team idea. I couldn't really say what our goal is - but since we have been togather for over 15 years I guess we are at least 'progressing' lol

Why that reflection caught my eye is tat I am very unsure about going to work today and it is party because I feel the goals of my two 'teams' are today in opposition.

I do not feel well this morning. Last nights visit to Edna turned out to be very stressful. I was later getting home than I wanted, and my stress relief was too many biscuits and a glass of wine. I also slept badly again.

So this morning I feel lethargic, sleepy and in discomfort with two ulcers in my mouth. Although I have to say they are less troublesome this morning than I thought they would be. I used reiki on them last night and they have improved from when I first felt them last night. (They broke out after my hospital visit - stress induced)

I havent been able to face doing my full workout - but I have done some aerobics and some yoga and clocked up 20 minutes.

My dilemma is if I dont go into work will I increase the chance that they will end my contract? I guess a second question is if they do does it matter? I have a number of lcoum agencies telling me they could find me work.

I guess the main question is am I fit for work? In one way the answer is 'no' But part of that is because it will be eaiser for me to accommodate my 'team family' goals if I either don't visit Edna today (which after last night is not an option) or visit her in the afternoon instead of the evening. I know my stress over that issue is part of what is making me feel so bad this morning.

****************************

I have spent about 10 minutes thinking and I could go into work but explain I need to leave at lunchtime as I need to spend longer with Edna today than I can in evening visiting. Thats the middle way that keeps everyone reasonably happy and makes my goals for the day achievable.

Whatever I am going to do I need to get a move on and do it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the decision making turned out okay. I get mouth ulcers when run down or stressed