Monday 1 June 2009

Breaking habits

I am a creature of habit - far more so than I realised until I started exploring my inner self with Mr McKenna.

Bad eating habits me put on weight. I am learning to break those habits by practicing eating slowly and all the other rules. But I have also realised I have some other habits as well that may need changing.

One of my problems is relaxing - although I am getting better at that. But I think one reason why I cant relax is becasue I never really have silence around me in the house. I habitually put the radio or tv on wherever I am. Its almost as if I am afraid of silence. So this morning I deliberetaley didnt put the radio on either upstairs or in the kitchen.

I had already changed my listening habits in the car on the way to work. I listen to Classic FM rather than radio 4 becasue it is more relaxing. So silence is just another step on from that.

No major food disasters yesterday. I have realised I look better in some clothes (and nightwear!) and I really dont care what the result of my Body test is on Saturday (goal day) Wven if I have put ON weight I know I have made amazing progress over the lasr few weeks.


I have listened to the CD this morning already - and tired some unguided meditation. I'm not using the Wii fit thismorning. I have some leaflets to deliver so I am going to do that before I go to work so I will be walking in the fresh air .

I am really positive this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never noticed until now that I don't have anything on during the day when Macey is at school. Just the computer and normally (like now) the volume is turned off too. I used to love listening to the Radio that my mum always had on when I was little, I wonder why I grew up to not listen to it.

Your post sounds very happy and positive. Hope you have a wonderful day :)