Friday 26 June 2009

Very sluggish

I had a bad nights sleep last night, and this morning I feel totally 'blah' Tired, stiff and achy. I probably should just go out and do my walk to loosen up but cant at the moment. So I ma sitting here tv on with a cup of coffee blogging.

Steve is now officially living at his new house :-) He (and Judy!) slept there last night and all his stuff is now out of Warwards lane. Thats one reason why I feel tired and achy. We had to load the car at Warwards then unload it at Chedworth. And then we had to go shopping so they had some food in. The shopping trip had been on the agenda anyway as they asked me if I could take them to Sainsbury before common sense (and Judy) persuaded him that as I was offerring to move him last night instead of Saturday. It means he has his first official days in the house with Judy rather than on his own or with Phil (one of his freinds who will move in over the weekend)

Its very starnge. Even though he is living closer now than he has for 2 yearss, I feel a sense of grief. Its almost like empty nest syndrome again. I need to work out why becasue it makes no sense. But something is trying to tell me something.

I hardly had time to eat yesterday so food went well as did moving my body. Didnt drink as much as I should have done though.

I have decided I am going to go out for a walk. The coffee seems to have revived me - and I need to get away from the wall-to-wall coverage of Micheal Jacksons death. I do feel for the fans - but I wasn't a fan and all this is bringing my cynical side out. I wonder if his 'comeback' concerts would have been a true comeback or been a terrific disappointment to the fans who paid astonomical sums of money for tickets? . We will now never know - and his legendary status is now totally assured................

Later

Taking two steps forward

Slow and steady has not always been an inspiring concept. It's not as sexy as speed and sharp turns of direction. But it may be just the thing to keep you from running out of gas, while still moving you forward. Abe is telling us that the most important thing is to keep walking forward, no matter how slowly. Sometimes slowness can be frustrating. You might become impatient; you might get discouraged with a setback. But a setback doesn't have to set you back. Simply using it as a learning opportunity can leapfrog you ahead again. From now on, try paying attention more to your direction and less to your speed. Be patient, focus on a little bit at a time, and soon enough, you'll be further than you ever thought. Besides, it's a good bet that by always looking forward, Abe rarely looked back in regret.


The Sparkpeople reflection spoke to me today very personally. It affirms that my slow steady approach is valid.

I went for a walk - the same route as yesterday plus walking round the lake. It took me about 20 minutes and I enjoyed it very much. I do feel less stiff now. I think I have also identified the emotions I am feeling about Steve moving in. It is fear that it wont work out. I dont know how I would cope if he was living that close but we fell out.

I also think I have identified why my food management is great first thing but falls apart later. First thing in the day I am in total control of everything. It is total 'me' time. Later on in the day I have so many competing prioroties I lose 'me' under the pharmacist, the wife ,the mother, the carer, the friend etc etc. My FB status some weeks ago stated that I needn't some help with time management. I still think I need to work on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you feel like that Sally, I hope you can work out why.

I can understand Michael Jackson's death is bringing out a lot of various emotions in people. I do not see any coverage here as I don't watch television but I read the Australian news online and was shocked and saddened to see it today.

I think it's great that you have recognised what stops you being in control in the afternoon