Tuesday 9 June 2009

Keep on going

Thats what I plan to do keep on going with all the things I am doing at the moment because it all seems to be working. That doesnt mean life is going to be all sunlight and roses from now on. Things are bit thorny this morning because I needed the alarm to wake me up (never a good sign) I woke feeling very hungry and my back is playing up.

I am tired because I had a busy weekend and I do take longer to recover from those sorts of things than I did. I am hungry because I didnt do any late night snacking yesterday I suppuse - but it may be emotional hunger because I am planning to see Edna tonight. My back is playing up because of 20 minutes free stepping on top of a days work and that jog I was so pleased about yesterday.

I do need a touch of realism. I may not look it but I am 57 - nearly an OAP and I csn't ask my body to do too much. Thats why I have given up trying to work full time. My excercise is needed to help me lose weight and stay flexible - not prepare me to run a marathon. I need to focus what I am doing on what I need NOW.

Food went OK yesterday although my snack intake was higher than I would like. Biscuits really are a problem and I think I need to do the craving buster to reduce my fondness for them. I may do that if I get time to listen to a track before I go out. My morning listening is normally done before the alarm goes off . But clearly I needed the sleep today.

I feel fat today - you get days like that. I dont feel 100% but I will get over it. I am slightly paniccy becasue I have paperwork I need to do this morning. But I will get things done that need to be done and everything else can wait and I will still feel positive about myself. Thats the big difference between how I am and how I used to be. I will still feel positive about myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you don't look 57 at all!!

The craving buster works - the funny thing is ... for me.... it doesn't work for everything. I tried it with 2 different foods. One it didn't work and the other it worked well enough for me to know there is a good chance I am not going to be eating that food again.

I read that sometimes you need to repeat the process a few times.

I can relate to the pain from jogging.... my feet are killing me after I got up before the sun and ran today. I hope your back feels better.

Sally said...

Aww shucks - thanks !! Actually I know I dont look my age - which is probably why I dont behave my age lol!!!