Saturday 27 June 2009

Morning after the night before

While you work to be a spark for your loved ones, don't forget that your light is only as strong as the fuel you supply it with. That means food. Good food. Eating plenty and eating right keep that flame from dying out. When you're at the top of your game, your body uses up nutrients as fast as you can put them in. Starving yourself, even for a little while, takes your flame down a notch or two and is a very bad idea for your health. And without real nutritional value, junk food is just as useless as no food at all. A healthy, balanced diet is like a constant power boost for your pregnancy. Replenish your energy before you wear out, and your fire will burn brighter and brighter every day.

The above reflection is an interesting one for me. It re-inforces the neccesity to make sure I eat healthily and eat enough. OK not everyone does want to a 'spark' for their loved ones - at least not conciosuly. But any carer - and that is what I am - does.

I went to a hen party last night. Half a bottle of red wine .pizza and nibbles LOTS of nibbles. I think I can say I didnt stick to the rules well yesterday. But in retrospect I didnt eat anywhere NEAR as much as I would have done before. I only had 3 slices of pizza. I was by far the oldest person there by at least 10 years - but I was actually a lot slimmer than some of the others. That dfid make me feel good. I wore the red dress Tony likes - and when I looked at my reflection the wirght loss was obvious.

Its 8.15 on a grey Saturday morning and I am up becasue the cats wouldnt let me stay in ned any longer and becasue I do have things to do today. I may go and buy a new car today. I am wondering about going out for a walk this morning. I may jjst walk to Selly Oak intead and kill two birfs with one stone. Do the shopping, get the excerciser and save the planet by not using the car!!

I do not feel the slightest bit hungry at the moment so breakfast is NOT on my agenda at the moment. But I am very thirsty. Apple juice and coffee so far and I am sure some more apple juice will be consumed before I go out.

I havent dealt with the strange emotions yet. I need time to sort it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good time Sally and it's great that you felt good about yourself and the changes. It's been a long time since I went out and felt confident, i can't wait to experience that again