Saturday 6 June 2009

D-Day

In more ways than one. I didn't notice when I selected my time goal on the Wii-fit that it was 6th June. I did my body test this morning and.......... I have lost 2lbs My Wii fit age is crummy 53 - byt as it acidly told me balance tests are not my cup of tea. But I dont care. I have lost weight with really no dieting. Look at all the snacking I have owned up to in the blog. I know the main difference is my meals are smaller than they used to be - but I am still eating food I really like.

And as if that wasn't enough todays Sparkpeople reflection also spoke to me and said 'you are on the right track

Take a look at your priorities and your goals. Where did they come from? Are they the products of soul-searching, self-analysis, and careful planning? Or are they a reaction to pressures from other people? Did you find them within yourself or within the pages of a magazine? The answers to these questions are important because they tell you if the person you're becoming is someone you want to be. Here's another way to look at a goal: do you want it, or do you just think you should want it? It's not easy to follow your own direction in life. But it's more possible than you may think. Question everything. Every priority in your life needs to justify why it's there. If you can't come up with a good reason that actually comes from YOU, maybe it doesn't belong.


I know my current goals come from me - and that means everything I am doing -including the way I am dealing with my weight - should work out OK in the end.

I wanted to set a really long target time with a really low weight loss goal - but the best I could do was set a 1lb weight los with a 2 week goal. At least I will be sticking to Paul's maximum 2 weekly wweigh ins. And If I can reduce the snacking and up the excercise a bit..............

I listened to Kelly Howells track last night - and only woke up when one of Pauls tracks came on. I will try her 6 week programme. Basically it feels as if it is taking me back to the basics of CYLI7D and definitely fits in with my personal exploration of any psychic potential in me. (I can hear you groaning Sharon lol) Maybe I ought to explain where all that comes from.

One of the fundamental things in CYLI7D is to find your true self - and Paul comments in the text that this is at the core of all major religions. It also led me to un understanding of the value of meditation. Then add in 2 recent paranormal experiences that I cannot debunk and find a rational explanation for. I saw what I can only describe with the code word 'ghost' not a shadow not a visual trick of the light but something my brain saw as 3 D becasue the words that went through my head were 'freaky mannequin' except a matter of moments later it wasnt there. Then on another occasion a medium told me some facts about myself that only I knew . It was unsolicited unscheduled with no payment. And the information she gave me came out as 3 statemens one after the other with NO comment from me. So I dont know what the paranormal is but things do happen that science cannot explain- and that appeals to me. So Kelly's use of of the terms God and universal mind fit well with my personal experince of how the world works for me. I believe the human mind is amazingly powerful. And so does Paul

'What you focus on you get more of' (Paul's phrase) So if you are focussing on trying to make the right decision about your future then whether you sit down and write out a list of pro's and cons , or go and have your tarot cards read yous are assimilating information that helps you to make the decision. the key fact is that YOUR mind is focussing on YOUR issue. The answer comes from within you - it cant come from anywhere else. The list or the cards are just the tools you use to help your subconsious mind deal with the information.

Anyway that is the world view according to Sally. Cooky eh?

Back to the plot now

Food went OK ish but gaming nights I snack. But I only late half my lunch at work and we only had a very light diner of omlette and bread and butter. I havent eaten yet today becasue I am not hungry . I've done 5 minutes of step plus - but that may be all I do today. We are at a gaming convention all weekeknd and frankly I dont feel in the mood to do to much physical excercise. I do SO much walking at work!! So I am resting on my laurels a little . I will not however use the convention as a licence to forget the rules - far from it. My diet wont be healthy - but whatever I eat I will eat slowly (way past the tipping point on that - I couldnt eat fast if I wanted to now) and I will not stuff myself to total a bloated state.

I feel very confident, very positive and ready to deal with whatever the weekend throws at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally well done :)

LOL I am not groaning (that gave me a giggle) I am really glad you like that track and am interested to see how the 6 weeks listening to it goes

Psychic development is something that really does fascinate me. I used to have a clairvoyant in Australia who I saw every 12 - 18 months. I even have my own tarot cards...that I left in storage in Oz for some bizarre reason.

I find the "god" reference in the track unsettling because although I believe in a higher power I don't think it's the "god" I had drummed into me at church when I was young.

I prefer to think I have spiritual beliefs rather than religious and although Kelly's track is spiritual the term god really puts me off.

LOL sorry for the long response to that - I hope you know what I mean. If she hadn't used that word I would have been ok.

Glad to read on FB that you liked the gaming convention :)