Thursday 1 March 2012

The first day of the rest of my life

Today I reach the age of 60 - and today I get married. Wow what a combination. This is major change psychologically. I am drawing a line under the last 4 years and moving on to new and better things. Am I depressed at reaching an age that really means I am 'old' ? Genuinely I am not because I feel I have so much living left to do. And getting married finally (we have been engaged since before I started this blog!) feels like the right way to draw a line and say that is now over - and today we both move on. Of course I originally started this blog as a replacement for Paul McKenna's 90 day journal. Am I now slim and svelte? Errrr that will be a no . Do I want to slim down still ? Yes but it is much more important to me be healthy and unlike many 60 year olds I do not need medication for high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol. I think the biggest change I have made since I started this blog is walking is now a regular part of life. I have also stopped eating chocolate bars every day. My diet is a lot healthier than it used to be, I cook with real unprocessed ingredients much more often than I used to. I have actually made quite a lot of changes over 4 years now I think about it.......... So well done me.

No comments: