Wednesday 7 March 2012

Time to get going

OK I have been married for nearly a week now so I reckon the honeymoon is over and its time to get back to normal. Also my best blogger pal who has been offline a lot is about be on-line a lot more - so I need to give her something to read!!! I have been talking a lot about motivation to my little FB group - and I am now looking at my own.I haven't done a body test of stepped on the scales because I am so worried what they will show. I am motivated to exercise because I know how good that is for me - but I am just NOT motivated to avoid carbs because at heart I don't believe I need to lose weight - mush as I would LIKE to lose weight. There is no doubt health is my biggest driver. As long as I have no lifestyle related health issues, I feel I am ok. I have no doubt if I got started on the dread battery of anti-hypertensives and statins I would soon be motivated to look at my diet. Yesterday I met a friend i hadn't seen for year who had a very minor stroke in one eye - and as a result is aspirin statins etc...all the drugs I don;t want to have to take. I feel I am being prompted to look at so many things at the moment - and my health seems to be one of them. Yesterday I ate WAY too many cookies and even a doughnut during a very very stressful day at the hospital that saw me wondering if the money I get for my 3 days is worth it. I have no doubt yesterdays carb binge was stress driven. I need to look at my stress levels and how I cope. But I cannot blind myself to that risks of my carb fetish at times. When I go for biscuits I really GO for them - and it is something I need to stop. So that is my new eating goal to come up with ways to stop eating biscuits and other snacks. And that includes the stuff I eat at rp sessions too. Why DO I eat when I am not hungry???? Anyway I am now hungry so it is time for me to go and eat

No comments: