Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothers Day

Its Mothers Day here in the Uk. Mothering Sunday to give it its proper name. Its supposed to be honouring the mother church, but it is of course a chance for kids to show Mums they love them. Its something thats never happened with my son really. I would get something when school did it - but the whole concept of fathers day was such a tricky one due to his non relationship with Alan, that I never pushed it - and I had no-one to push mothers day for me. Tony is a typical bloke who needs reminding. I have always said we didn't do mothers day because it didn't seem fair to do one and not the other. So I am not expecting a mothers day card or flowers or present from Steve. He hasn't got the money being unemployed and anyway I do know he loves me. So why am I sitting here with tears in my eyes feeling jealous of the Mums whose kids have done something special today? Its my insecurities coming out again. But also I do tend to feel I am not a 'normal' mum. I am not a 'girly' person. I don't do pink or girly chat. I have never been dependant on a man to support me (thank goodness for that!) I am in some ways very masculine. I guess I worry that has had a negative effect on Steve. But my feelings are about my insecurities. The fear that I am not good enough, that I am not loved. But it really shows I still don't love myself enough to be confident I am loved by others. I know both Steve and Tony DO love me - they show me by their actions, and maybe thats the best sort of love. Words are cheap - but actions take effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh it doesn't matter what "type" of mum you are...your a good mum who obviously love her son, that has been very noticeable since we first "met" I hope you felt better over the day Sally