Friday 24 February 2012

Drawing a line

The wedding is fast approaching. It is all organised now and I have a sense of calm expectation. So much has happened since Tony proposed at the end of 2007. I was moved to start this blog in an attempt to keep sane as life fell apart round me. I have had 2 cancers scares one was a false alarm and one wasn't. When Tony proposed I was an unhappy pharmacist now I am a wannabe reiki practitioner, hypnotherapist and psychic reader. Tony was unemployed and now has psychic work, game review work and writing commissions that will be paid. Steve became a student, has passed his exams and is now sadly getting a dose of real life as an unemployed person. We have had grief and hassle. I have spent way too much time in hospitals as a visitor or patient but I am a totally different person. I was working full time as a pharmacist. I am now retired, work part time and am trying to build my reiki/hypnotherapy practice. I had never even heard of reiki when Tony proposed to me. It has not always been easy but there is a sense that it has been necessary and that the wedding will enable me to draw a line under my old life and move forward with confidence into my new life.

No comments: