Tuesday 7 February 2012

Back to normality

Well today is my first day back at work after the holiday. So how am I feeling? Well I am up early - always a good sign. I am not especially hungry so haven't eaten yet. Looking back at the last dew days I can see I haven't done as well as I would have liked on either the slow eating or drinking water. But I will keep on trying. I need to get into the habit of having water with EVERY meal. I must also make sure I have water with me in the dispensary today. So do I keep trying with these two before I think about adding in another habit? Although to be fair I have been trying to get into the habit of healthy exercise at the same time. I am trying to use the wii fit every day. I have been reminded today about the importance of mental health so maybe I need to practice positive thinking and visualisations? After all I am trying to encourage my FB group to use NLP techniques. Yesterday we walked a lot round town. We went to sort out the paperwork for the wedding and then went to Waylands Forge. The register office was nearly a disaster. I GOT THE TIME WRONG SO WE TURNED UP AN HOUR LATE. Me!!!! the one with the good memory who NEVER forgets things like that. I am worried about my memory and other things. I seem to panic more than I used to - well not panic but get flustered easily. I and I do keep losing things. I still have my mantra ' Use it or lose it' Is this increasing forgetfulness just a normal part of getting a bit older? Is it a sign I am trying to do too much? My fear is its a sign of dementia - which at one level I know is completely ridiculous - but .............. I need to get into careful habits about things like where I put my phone and keys. They need to go in the same pocket in my bag or stay on my person. maybe I need a bum bag? Now theres a thought. I think I have found my new habit to practice

1 comment:

NewMe said...

Sally, I'd be happy to friend you but there are too many people with your name on Facebook! Send me an e-mail (my address is on my blog) and I'll find you on FB.