Tuesday 1 December 2009

Variety is the spice of life

I am really enjoying my new work out framework. I use the combine function on the Wii fit plus and do a variety of exercises - including some I have never done before - and at the end I get a calories count as well as a minute count. After this mornings efforts I am 4 minutes and 14 calories short of my two targets (30 minutes and 161 calories )

Food yesterday went really well. At lunch I had one sandwich (1 slice of bread) instead of 2. And I had a cereal bar rather than fruit AND a cereal bar. I did have one chocolate biscuit on on quick break. I ate a banana on the way home. At home I didnt have a single biscuit. I managed to eat dinner fairly slowly and when I did have somethign to eat (cheese and biscuits) I was hungry and that was what I wanted. I didnt eat it as slowly as I could have done though

Now if only I can keep up the momentum and build on yesterdays success I will be getting somewhere.

I had a phone call from Gordon yesterday to tell me Lindsey had died a few days ago. The funeral is on Thursday. I am so grateful to him for telling me. No-one from work has bothered to let me know - which is a bit upsetting. She died at home with Gordon and the girls beside as she wished. She died very quickly in the end too. I get the feeling she decided that id she was going to die she just wanted it over and done with. She was that sort of person. There is no doubt it has been easier on Gordon and the girls this way - although Christmas is going to be a nightmare for them.

No comments: