Wednesday 16 December 2009

The value of blogging

'The secret to reaching your goals may rest in the written word. Writing is a common theme through every stage of successful goal achievement. The act of writing creates a promise, and having that visual promise in front of you every day won't let you forget it. Got a problem remembering what goals you met last week? Start tracking them on a daily basis. No more guessing and fooling yourself. The only way to get a really accurate picture of your progress is to record what you've done when you do it. Got something to say or a breakthrough to announce? Write it in a journal. Journals can show you what works and what doesn't. And the stories of your success can be great motivators in the future, right when you need help the most. From pregnancy start to pregnancy finish, you can help your memory and your goals by putting ink to paper. It can make up for fading memory and keep motivation from fading at all.'

I didnt really need to be reminded of the value of my blog - but since I have been, I've included the reflection here. So what are my goals?

Lose some weight - no lets change that to get into habits that will keep me healthy
Complete my reiki training
Look at ways to use that training

I did complete my time and calorie goals for exercise yesterday. I considered raising my calorie goal - and decided against it. This goal is still a bit of an effort at times.

Food went quite well. I didn't snack much but I know I am still not really following the golden rules properly. Dinner was a disaster because I did a risotto - and the rice stayed rock hard. Its not often I have a cooking disaster thankfully

Work lunches are improving. I am regularly only eating one sandwich instead of 2 - and its not will power its listening to my body

Listening to my body tells me I am tired. I really am finding RHH difficult because I spend so much time standing up.But I have confidence I will find a way through the problem .

I did 36 minutes and 161 calories this morning on the wii fit. So I wont need to do any more tonight. Just as well as Rob is coming round so I wont have the time. I sometimes wonder how much my workouts are adding to my tiredness - but they are not that vigorous.

I still feel emotionally fragile - not helped by a bad nights sleep last night . I feel I am stagnating. there are things I need to do and I'm not doing them.

In a way this blog is a distraction because I coudl do some things in the morning - but dont have time. I need to be more disciplined.

No comments: