Thursday 3 December 2009

Goals that fit with your values

The lesson from CYLI7D was that if your goals are not being set by your true self you will not find them satisfying. You will probably struggle to achieve them and even if you do you will not feel that sense of achievement you should feel. Today's sparkpeople reflection was one I had seen before - but one the basically re-iterated this point.

The thought that popped into my mind was 'Where does the desire to have a house that looks like a show house come from' I need to think about that.

Today I am going to Lindsey's funeral. My fourth funeral in 18 months and the second time the deceased was younger than me. Thats thought concentrates the mind wonderfully on what your priorities really are.

I have worked out using the 'combine ' option on the Wii fit. 29 minutes and 147 calories. I must do my 10 10 10 routine and check how many calories that uses.

I am eating a very healthy breakfast of 1 weetabix, 1 kiwi fruit half a banana and yoghurt washed down with a mug of apple juice. (The other half of the banana will go in the fruit salad I intend to prepare in a few minutes) So whole wheat, 2 of my 5 -a-day fruit and veg - and the apple juice may help to reduce the risk of dementia. Is this what I want? Yes breakfast has never been an issue. I just wish I could get my other meals as well sorted out. But I am making progress with lunch now I have realised real bread is much nicer than the normal pre-packaged sort. Dinners are OK when I have the energy to cook properly. But Tony's rather whimish taste bugs still provide me with a problem. If I really fancy curry and rice - and he wants sausage and instant mash..........Never mind I am making progress.

Yesterday wasnt a brilliant day for food - and with Chalkie round last night there were biscuits and mince pies on offer. Today is going to be a bitty day with the funeral at 11.30 and then the wake afterwards.

In a srtoke of serendiptious timing , the letters of administration arrived from the court yesterday so I can use part of today to go to Lloyds to get those accounts closed down. I suspect that will be a useful distraction after the funeral.

No comments: