Monday 21 December 2009

So here come Christmas

Am I going t have time to blog? Am I going to have time to exercise? How am I going to cope with all that festive food?

These are the questions going through my mind this morning. I will be working everyday until Christmas. I have to fit in two thankfully short trips to deliver Christmas presents. I still have some shopping and wrapping to do. I have the work Christmas party tomorrow and we have a party here next Monday as well as Christmas day itself.

Blogging may well stop but I am confident I will keep up with exercise - although whether I will do 30 minutes a day is debatable.

And food ....... well I am reasonably confident I will avoid overeating. 'Eat what ypu want' is easy over Christmas. I am sure what I wont do is stuff myself as full as the turkey. I am confident I wont constantly pick at things like biscuits and sweets for no reason.

Is this confidence misplaced? Time (and this blog) will tell !

This morning I have hit BOTH my exercise targets in one session. I did a version of the 10 10 10 routine= but the final 10 was one of the wii fit routines . This meant I did 15 minutes of step plus. I feel pleased I have hit the targets - but BOY do I know I have done it!

Food yesterday went OK. I didnt overeat, I didn't snack, and my diet was healthy ish. I did in the end hit both exercise targets.

One thing I have realised is I am not drinking as much water as I should. And I am still not eating as slowly as I would like. Maybe I should start listening to Paul's meditation tracks again. Trouble is I use meditation for other things now and I can only spend so much time meditating. I know its a good thing to do but you can have too much of a good thing.

I am as ready as I can be for the next four days at work given the awful weather. We are lucky because the heavy snow has missed us so far. Can we stay that lucky?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you feel at the end of this week that you've done the best you could! sounds like you have all the right things in place - plans, meditation, exercise & awareness. Wishing you all the best.