Thursday 10 December 2009

The day of bad desicions

Yesterday did NOT go well. I made 2 bad desicions both of which came back to bite me up the @rse!!

I paid the cheque from Edna's estate into the bank before work. I paid it in over the counter as I didnt want a cheque of that size getting lost. So I was a little late on my journey to work. To avoid being late to work I decided to park in the hospital car park. Bad move!! I spent 20 minutes driving round looking for a space so was later to work than I would have been if I had parked in my usual (free!) place and walked. Then to make up the time I was late leaving (15 minutes) and walked to my usual place before realising I had put it in the car park (another 15 minutes) then found I had lost the ticket and had to wait for a security guy to xome out and take my payment manually( 30 minutes) So I didnt get home till nearly 6.

The second bad decision was when I started snacking laste yesterday when I wasn't really hungry. As a result I feel bloated this morning and not hungry leaving me with the dilemma of knowing if I dont eat before 9 I can't eat until 12.30 at the earliest - and probably it will be 1.00 before I get to eat.

I have done a work out (28 minutes 141 calories) and that has made me feel better so I am reasonably optimistic I feel like eating something. I can always eat in the tea room before i go to the dispensary so I ave until 10 really.

Anyway I have drunk this morning. Water coffee and apple juice.

Food was going reallly well until yesterday eveing as well. The hassle getting home upset my equilibrium more than I realised. never mind. Today is a new day and it has started well. I got a good nights sleep - didnt wake up once in the night and woke up about 15 seconds before the alarm went off anyway.

Lets face it you need the lows to realise how good the highs are. And if my aprking decision was bad one the reason I had to make it was a good one. Our family is within touching distance of financial security.

Yesterday at work Geoff wanted to see me and I wondered if I was about to be given my 20 weeksa notice. but no he wanted to know how I would feel about being asked to keep out patients under control leaving the others to do tto's and in-patients. It suits me . They woudnt be makink arrangments like that if they were going to get rid of me in the near future.

I asked Anthony at the agency to let me know if UHB are on the look out for a locum. he seems to think he could get me in there in the new year. I am tired of the travelling to RHH. But it seems as if wherever I am working my medium terms prospects of employment are good.

Life could be a LOT worse than it is - and I am very thankful

No comments: