Sunday 20 December 2009

10 random facts about me

1 I am the younger of two daughters. My sister is 5 and half years older than me - so when we were growing up I often felt she was more like a second mother rather than a sister. Sadly this does not mean we are close

2 I grew up an a council estate in leafy Buckinghamshire - which was nothing like the council estates portrayed on TV in programmes like Z Cars. The house came with my Dad's job. He was the housing manager for the council

3 I love singing and sang a solo for the school choir in the Carol concert in my final year

4 I enjoy role playing games - Dungeons and Dragons and that sort of thing. I was one of the first female Dungeon Masters in the UK and was once ranked in the top 3 in Europe

5 My most embarrassing childhood memory is wetting myself in the middle of rehearsals for a school show when I was a primary school.

6 I nearly died from pneumonia when I was 4. I think I may have been one of the first patients to be treated with penicillin.

7 My history with personal relationships is so bad that I am too embarrassed to put all the gory details down on paper. But for the past 15 years I have had a wonderful relationship. We have had our ups and downs of course but we are still together - and I am confident we will remain together.

8 I am a wannabe writer and have had a children's story published through a vanity publishing house.

9 I didnt learn to drive until I was in my thirties. I stared learning in my twenties but kept giving up when I failed my test. I took 3 driving tests in 10 years and passed on the third attempt

10. My worst memory as a parent is when my son was 3. We were camping in France . He was playing about 20 foot from the tent one minute - and the next he was out of sight. The 15 minutes until he was found were the longest and worst of my life

No comments: