Saturday 31 October 2009

The lure of the snack

Doing a Beyond Choc tune in this morning Physically I have distinct IBS pain plus minor other aches and pains and I feel bloated. Emotionally I am upset by some bad news but also excited by going to the psychic circle for the first time. Thought or question is 'will anything exciting happen at the circle'

The bad news is that Lindsey has been told her cancer is terminal. She told me herself in a very matter of fact way in an email. She also said she probably have long so I am going to see her - maybe tomorrow. I have known Lindsey since my uni days. She was a year below me but we were both enthusiastic members of the Scout and Guide Group. We never made an effort to keep in touch - but somehow kept running into each other during our careers. Her husband Gordon was also in the SGG at Aston although I haven't seen him for years. The thought that I will be going to another funeral soon is horrible.

I found the news out yesterday. Can I blame that for the Dorito's I ate last night? If I can then I am reaping the rewards this morning in the form of my IBS.

Why do I find snacking so hard to avoid? I am sure if I could sort that out I would have no problems losing weight. When I snack I am breaking all the rules

Part of last nights snacking was due to the fact that I didnt enjoy my dinner at all. Memo to self if you are not enjoying dinner DON'T EAT IT. Ditch it and do yourself something you CAN enjoy and eat slowly.

I am going shopping in a bit so I can make sure there are foods I lie aorund. And anyway tonight we will have a takeaway - we always do on a Saturday.

I am excited by the thought of actually seeing 'The Man' in January. If nothing else I will be able to tell him how much CYLI7D did for me . But something tells me I will get something surprising from the day apart from some motivation to help me reach my weight loss goal. Mind you would I have gone if the price had stayed at 250.00? No. It was only the fact that is was down to 99.00 that tempted me. Also since I know the rules part of me feels I dont need to go. BUT the way it all happened made it feel like I was MEANT to go - and I am excited.

I have a busy day today and must get out to do the shopping soon.

The wii fit is sulking because I didnt use it yesterday. I may use it to today later on. I haven't had breakfast - I dont feel hungry yet. I am determined NOT to say 'tomnorrow is the 1st November I will make a new effort with the eating ruels tomorrow' I WILL do my best to keep to the rules TODAY - and every day of my life

No comments: