Sunday 4 October 2009

Day 8

I am still determined to keep my focus on Paul's weight loss programme despite everything else that is going on.

I didnt do very well yesterday. Mainly I didnt eat slowly. I realised how badly i was doing when I was eating dinner (pizza) I just couldn't slow down. Maybe that was because there is so much rushing around going on in connection with Edna.

Never mind that was yesterday. Today I can and will do better. I am still determined to step on the Wiifit on Xmas Eve and have the satisfaction of knowing I am well below 14st. I beleive in Paul's programme. Beyond Chocolate take the same approach. It makes scientific sense. It is the right approach. All I have to do is stick to it.

I haven't been drinking much water recently, and I haven't 'moved my body' much either. But I did clock up 30 minutes yesterday.

We made good progress with Edna's affairs yesterday. We now know the funeral can leave from Fosters and the wake can be at Fosters. As Alma said it was her home and that is right and appropriate. . We found out we have a month to clear the flat which does mean we can take our time. But mainly we found the funeral plan papers.

Tomorrow will be a busy day . Pick up certificate, register death and arrange funeral. Tuesday will be bank day on Kings Heath High Street.

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday. I discovered a total stranger has been reading my dementia blog. Who ever it is left the comment reproduced below on the entry where I recorded that Edna had died.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you. I have been reading your blog regularly and I thank you for your heartfelt and honest reflections. I would like the staff on my ward to read it, to remind them of Kitwood's legacy of the PERSON with dementia, not the person with DEMENTIA. xxx

I can't really say how much it meant to know that someone else had read and appreciated my blog - and clearly (s)he is a healthcare worker of some sort - a nurse probably. I have left a response asking them to e-mail me. I do hope they reply.

In a way this fulfills one of the ambitions I identified 3 years ago. I like to write - I wanted to be a writer. I remember making an entry in this blog a little while ago 'In my dreams one of my blogs gets published' Well my blog clearly has been read and had an impact - and as West Heath want copies of it it is about to be 'published' in a way. OK Its not quite the same as having a best selling novel to my name - but I have accomplished something special with that blog.

I think I needed that reminder that I can have faith in my abilities. I am being set free to forge a new life for myself. If I am to make the most of it I need faith in myself .

No comments: