Friday 2 October 2009

The aftermath

I am sitting here contemplating the all the things I now know I have to do. The bureaucracy that surrounds death is amazing. So many things to do and people to be told. I don't feel the same paralysis I felt after Alan's death - but this has been less traumatic and more expected .

I have two immediate concerns. One is her will is as I expected invalid because Alma is one of her witnesses. Oh well I capoed with intestacy before I will do so again. the other is I cannot find the documents relating to her funeral plan. I need to rope in Steven to help go through everything in her flat with a fine tooth comb over the weekend. If we can't fins it then I will have to hope my mempry of it being Age Concern is correct as they must have a record.

Extreme emotion often has a weird effect on my appetite. I amost had to force myself to eat yesterday. I was quite proud of myself. I took a packet of chocolate biscuits to the hospital with me. I opened the packet and only ate 1. I gave the choclate and the chocolate biscuits to the ward. I couldn't eat all my dinner last night.

This morning I dont feel hungry - but I know I will need to eat . But at the moment the thought of food makes me slightly sick.

I am tired despite having had a reasonable nights sleep.

I am slightly overwhelmed by what I need to do - but I will do it as I did before one thing at a time

No comments: