Monday 5 October 2009

Day 9

Yesterday was a very bad food day. I realised I was eating mindlessly without really thinking why I was eating. I felt hungry - but I know most of it was emotional hunger . Thats not surprising under the circumstances - but the key to dealing with emotional hunger is to recognise and deal with the emotion and its cause.

Dealing with the cause of my emotional hunger is not easy (what a marvelous British understatement) I may not be sitting around in floods of tears over Edna's death but a death is always an emotional event. I listened to Paul's emotional hunger track last night (well dozed off listening to it to be honest) I came out of it the final countback. Hopefully some of it stuck.

OK so doing a Beyond Chocolate tune in Physically I feel tired, hungry, have mild IBS and mild sciatica. Emotionally I am nervous. Thought or question is Will I cope with the busy gay I have ahead?

Today I will pick up the death certificate, register the death and contact the funeral directors. If I get anything else done as well it will be a bonus.

I have used the wii fit. 10 minutes of step plus and 5 minutes of balance games.

I have had a glass of water, a mug of coffee and a banana this morning. I ate the banana while I was making my coffee. I still feel hungry. So I am going to have a large glass of water and do some stuff on the computer and hope the hunger goes away. If it doesn't I will attempt to decide exactly what I want and eat it savouring every mouthful.

Just found this from Sparkpeople - and its not the healthy reflection. I usually wouldn't read the e-mail but the subject line caught my eye. Someone is telling me I am on the right road

Exercise Keeps Your Mind Sharp

A new study from the National Institutes of Health found that the most sedentary individuals (i.e. couch potatoes) are 2.5 times more likely to develop dementia than regular exercisers. Dementia is a condition of declining mental abilities (especially memory) that affects your personality, skills (like driving a car), and verbal abilities.

Action Sparked: Stay on a consistent exercise program throughout your lifespan. Try not to view exercise as a temporary means to and end (weight loss). It is part of a healthy lifestyle, and while it does help you lose and maintain weight, it can steer off plenty of health problems, from heart disease to depression.

Time Involved: 20-60 minutes, most days of the week

Body Benefit: Healthy body, healthy mind

No comments: